A run around Mosva(t)net lake: Stavanger, Norway

Lately I have been on a "workout" spree. Read 'lately' as 2 months. Long time! I am walking, biking, dancing, hiking, running in the woods, volleyball and what not! Sometimes I also go weird about the stairs exercise at home and work. It's all fun except one thing. Running! I only considered running as a punishment that I always received back in school for some bullshit reasons. But doing it now.. I have to. I have set some harsh goals for myself this year! 

As this has been not-my-most-favorite activity, I need something to divert my mind while I run. Like the people or music or the place itself! The place I live in Norway - Stavanger, is a place of fjords, water flows and lakes (not many as in Finland though). You can basically see water in most of the area I live in and fortunately, I have 4 lakes just few steps away from my house

I have chosen one of these lakes called Mosva(t)net for a quick run last weekend. It is pronounced as Mosvanet with 't' in parenthesis as silent. This is just 2kms away from the city center of Stavanger and 1.5 kms away from my house which makes it very comfortable for me to take a walk/bike to reach there. It is right near to the freeway but there are no issues of pollution till now. Not like the bad ones. It is surrounded by lovely greenery in summer and you can get all the fresh air. And the perfect thing is that it is only 3kms long! That makes it so easy for a person like me who hates running.

Here is a sneak peek of the lake.


Once I started running, I was so mesmerized by the greenery all around and the birds chirping. Couldn't get enough of it. I had to stop all the way to click these pictures.


I was also being welcomed by these cuties just near the lake. Most of the times and if you are lucky, these come out of water to take a walk with you. 


They also have a small camping area right next to the lake. I would love to make a picnic some time here.



Here it is.. the beautiful lake. With a perfect sunset and finally when I felt its summer in Stavanger.







Last but not the least to say, there is a small pond on the other side overlooking the lake. And the blue sky made it more beautiful.

Overall, its going to be one of my favorite workout places from now on. Could definitely be a romantic evening place as well!

 Join me now on,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

:)

Be Right Back!

Rodeo Carnival