Sakura

The first time I saw Cherry Blossoms was in Washington DC, USA. It was a rare, beautiful sight seeing bunches of fresh pink flowers hanging from the trees. I had the privilege of having a personal guide (aka close cousin) to show around touristy places filled with blossoms. And I was quite excited with pink being the most favorite color.. back then! haha..

So why am I telling all this now? 
As Stavanger, Norway doesn't have a lot of Cherry Blossom trees, well, I decided to wear some on my outfit. I wore this soft, flowy dress for a summer party at work (of course when it happened!). #throwback
I loved the combination and the fabric so much which makes it a best fit for any outing during spring and summers. I kept it simple and styled them with hoops and my favorite wine heels.

Though I think this dress has peonies and not exactly cherry blossoms aka Sakuras (in case you have forgotten about the title of this post 😉), they sure did remind me of my visit to DC more than 10 years ago! Which made me learn more about them.

Sakura in Japanese means Cherry Blossom. Did you know that these flowers are short lived and edible? When that wish list item of visiting Cherry Blossom festival in Japan comes true, I am sure going to try this!




A fan of walking shots :)



Favorite picture :)


Shoes: Christin Michaels
Earrings: NYC
Photography: Liubov Mikheeva

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

:)

Be Right Back!

Rodeo Carnival