Book Review: His Small-Town Girl

As usual, I had a target to read some books last year. Buying books at every airport had become a norm. So last year, I decided not to buy any more books until I finish the ones I have. And then coincidentally, Covid happened which ended my travels al-together, that's a different story though.

I don't know why I took SO long to review this book, but this is one of the very few romantic genre novels I read and loved!
I've been wanting to write book reviews for a while now, but hardly could get to writing after finishing a book. So here I am, with my first quick read..


Title: His Small-Town Girl
Author: Lacy Williams
Genre: Romance
Rating: 4/5

About the book:
His small town girl is the first in the series of Sutter’s Hollow by Lacy Williams. A short and sweet romantic novel portraying characters with mysterious and interesting pasts.

Characters:
Molly, a simple girl with a dreadful past (and present), runs away from her stalker in Austin, Texas and arrives out-of-money to Sutter's Hollow, where she randomly finds an ad to work at a ranch, falls in love, and decides that it might be the perfect place for her to settle in, running away from her fears in the city.

Cord, on the other hand, owns the ranch, has a difficult childhood from his own family, that haunts him forever, looking forward to sell his grandmother’s ranch and move on to the city life to settle in.

Storyline:
The story beautifully unveils how Cord and Molly meet, help each other, stick together to get the ranch sold, while falling in love and healing each other through their troubled pasts.

Summary:
I liked how Lacy kept this story simple and cozy. If you are looking for a chill weekend read with not too much drama, I would recommend you to pick this.
I am rating it 4 out of 5, ready to go for another book of Lacy's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

:)

Be Right Back!

Rodeo Carnival